Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:35 am 
Team Banzai

Ok, someone explain this whole super-rapid fire AC2 Jagermech that can kill an assault mech in one second. Why has it not been fixed yet?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:18 pm 
Team Banzai Admin/Chump

I tend to get a lot of time with Xiomburg, Az, Playinitsafe (Firefox) and occasionally Thrashdog. Also run into DBH and join some of the guys he plays with like D34K and a couple other guys from way back.

Ophidian wrote:
Ok, someone explain this whole super-rapid fire AC2 Jagermech that can kill an assault mech in one second. Why has it not been fixed yet?

The 6 AC2 JM6-DD? Not really as effective as it seems. It can only go 50kph with speed tweak, fit only 1 ton of armor per AC2 and only has a maximum potential of 900 damage if it lands 100% of its shots. It needs an XL engine, has absolutely no room for case and runs hot. The 'rapid fire' is nothing more than rapidly chain firing the weapons, it has absolutely no more potential than firing a single alpha every half second or less with Fast Fire unlocked. Still its delivering 24 damage a second with the fastest moving (2000m/s) ballistics in the game is pretty deadly. Only the AC20 and UAC5 have higher DPS potential over the AC2.

So long story short, it runs very hot, has a small XL, has to skimp on a little armor (usually the ammo filled legs) can't afford to use CASE because its already running on a pretty limited amount of ammo. If any mech deserves the title of glass cannon, this would be it.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:17 pm 
Team Banzai

No, somehow, people are boosting the AC2 fire rate to be waaaaaaayyy higher than its supposed to. This is done with a macro apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB5vN2xi_Tc

Played a game the other night in my Atlas and an Awesome (eh, he's alright) friend. Went went up against 2 6-AC2 jagers. He died without firing a shot and I lasted about 2 seconds later. So I have an issue with this.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:29 am 
Team Banzai

Ophidian wrote:
No, somehow, people are boosting the AC2 fire rate to be waaaaaaayyy higher than its supposed to. This is done with a macro apparently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB5vN2xi_Tc

Played a game the other night in my Atlas and an Awesome (eh, he's alright) friend. Went went up against 2 6-AC2 jagers. He died without firing a shot and I lasted about 2 seconds later. So I have an issue with this.

Report it, esp if you have video proof. While I'm guessing they will call it working as intended they will probably put in a cycle change like they did on the Ultras so people couldn't macro them as easy. I've died quick to them before at close range in heavies and such but not that quick. Game has alot of cheeseballs playing but it seems to just be the way of the internet anymore.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:45 pm 
Team Banzai

Am signed up for it but have never logged on. Kinda burned on MMOs TBH. It have any of the feel of MW4?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:03 pm 
Team Banzai

Bilirubin wrote:
Am signed up for it but have never logged on. Kinda burned on MMOs TBH. It have any of the feel of MW4?

Kinda tough to say easily Bili. In the basics - yes. Team drops (no respawn) and you proceed to blow each other away or cap their base. Lasers are DoT now though. You do have some Mech skill trees and Pilot skill trees that you work through with the exp you gather - they help the mech operate more efficient and give slight boosts in other areas.

Unfortunately there are some core design issues they really seem to have horked up and instead of fixing are just putting on bandaid on top of bandaid, which can make it really annoying at times but it's still the only close to true MW out there. It can be really hit or miss each match since the MM needs more work - you can have the best fight you have ever had or you can be shaking your head at the monitor and wondering why we killed off natural selection.

Waiting on Community Warfare to see how that goes as well.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:06 pm 
Team Banzai

I played it for a little bit a few mounts ago. It just had too many issues for me to enjoy. Maybe I'll try it again in a few weeks.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:46 am 
Team Banzai

Ahem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebLtZM1g890

A fox in panic sounds hilarious.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:34 pm 
Team Banzai

A fox usually sounds pretty funny in panic mode, especially when under the cross hairs of cheese stalker builds and stuck on a magnetic building. :D

Post Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm 

Just Joined up, Old time MW1,2,3 & 4 Pilot.

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby