Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby

Post Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm 
Team Banzai Admin/Chump

So some guys want to know how to add a non steam game to steam, mainly so they can take screenshots.

Its pretty easy actually;

Launch Steam
    *click* games on the top bar
    in the drop down, you should see "Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library...", *click* on that, pick the game from the list and you're done.

NOTE: If the game doesn't show up on the list, you'll have to manually browse for the exe. file.
I'm not sure if I went with the default installation folder (I think I did) but it can be found in...
"C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MechWarriorOnline.exe"

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:55 am 
Team Banzai

Yeah, you can do this, but it's a bit wonky with this game. Not only does Steam remove the game from time to time, sometimes the client will have a fit. I haven't been bothering lately.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:46 pm 
Team Banzai

Ophidian wrote:
Yeah, you can do this, but it's a bit wonky with this game. Not only does Steam remove the game from time to time, sometimes the client will have a fit. I haven't been bothering lately.

From what I have heard running the game as administrator will stop that, what I can't pin down is whether you can still run the game by itself if you want to, or if you will always have to run it through Steam.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:52 am 
Team Banzai Admin/Chump

Azrael wrote:
Ophidian wrote:

From what I have heard running the game as administrator will stop that, what I can't pin down is whether you can still run the game by itself if you want to, or if you will always have to run it through Steam.

You can do either...

...the only issue I've ever had with it ever is that occasionally when I hit the shift or tab button, the steam overlay pops up and I have to shift-tab back to the game. Seems to happen only if I've been chatting with someone.

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby