Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby

Post subject: What mech to get next?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 pm 
Team Banzai

So.....I have a Flame and a Dragon 1C which are very fun.

I have a Cataphract 4X which is a little less fun, the giant clunker (murdered by LRMs).

I'm going to get a Cicada 3M soon to max out that mech, if only to counter enemy lights.

Now I have a choice. Should I wait for the Trebuchet for extra anti-light terror (SSRM goodness) or should I get started on maxing the Centurion? I'm thinking my last Centurion build will be like this: CN9-A

Relatively fast, hits like a van. As long as its not jammed. Thoughts?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 am 
Team Banzai

I use something like this CN9-A. This thing is a beast. Gotta protect that left torso though.

Honestly not a fan of the LBX and XL. One of the best things about the centurion is being able to zombie with just the CT lasers.

And unless you can count on your ECM teammates actually switching to counter mode (90% of ECM mechs in the PUGS I played with don't even bother....) I'd personally switch out the SSRMs and AMS for a couple SRM6's, maybe 3 SRM4's for a tighter spread.

Alternatively, if you are set on that build, I would put it on a CN9-D, less the AMS and one SSRM but go a full 25 kph faster. I mean, if you're gonna use an XL might as well go all out.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:06 pm 
Team Banzai

With last night's lag-shield patch, this suddenly seems to be a moot topic.

Well, I'll probably go for the Centurion anyway.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:00 pm 

I have an extra mech hangar that I throw a variant into that I know I will need to unlock for Master level Pilot on my Primary. Once I have unlocked all of the Master boxes on the second model, I will sell it and repeat on a third model. Sell it and go back to your Primary, and you will be unlocking Master in no time! I'm almost done with my CPLT-C1 (Master lvl), moving on to my VTR-DS Dragonslayer, now!

My current hangar includes: RVN-3L Raven, VTR-DS Victor, CN9-AL Centurion, JM6-S Jagermech, JR7-D(S) Jenner, CPLT-C1 Catapult, BJ-1X Blackjack, AS7-D-DC Atlas, + (empty hangar).

Waiting on Project Phoenix to get here, then I'll have my own 'Reinforced Company'! 8-)

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby