Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby

Post subject: Favorite MWO loadouts.
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:36 am 
Team Banzai

Time for a loadout thread. We might need a new mechlab section now. :)

Been looking for a working Heavy or Assault to survive a bit longer and pull in more cash so I got messing with my K2.
Engine 235
19 DHS
4 Large Lasers
AMS+1ton

slightly slow but one hell of a good exp puller. wish I could get my founders into this loadout. :)>:)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:09 am 
Team Banzai Admin/Chump

With a K2, go dual Gauss. Absolutely wicked mech that landed me some of my best matches...

...there are two Cataphracts that will allow you much the same success, the Ilya and the 4X. Even with Guass being 'fragile' I usually top the charts with those mechs.

With the new reward system, you're going to have to decide whether you're after XP or Cbills. Kills get you less money but more XP, same goes for capping. No money, but you get xp for capping.

That said, come up with a good build for a hero mech or founders mech, and you're good to go. For non founder mechs, the K2 (guass), the Cataphract 4X (dual Gauss), Raven 3L with ECM are fantastic mechs to grind xp/cbills.

Also, I've got some thoughts about grouping up and how to approach it. I was trying to put it off until phase 3 of the matchmaker came into play, but I'm honestly starting to think we'd be doing more good if we grouped up in rounded groups and politely informed the pugs on our side. No one else does it or rarely does.

If premades are going to continually be allowed to mix with pugs, then why wait? And lets set an example to be followed by helping the pugs on chat and not running any group cheese builds or using them as cannon fodder....

...in 8vs8 (if enough of us are online) anything goes.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:20 am 
Team Banzai

These are what I'm currently playing around with.

Atlas AS7-D(F)

Cataphract Ilya Muromets

Cicada CDA-3M

Jenner JR7-D(F)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:57 pm 
Team Banzai

It's not so much my favorite loadout so much as it's my ONLY loadout
FLAME

But I'm toying with it for a faster, longer ranged (safer) build
FLAME

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:57 pm 
Team Banzai

Freelancer wrote:
With a K2, go dual Gauss. Absolutely wicked mech that landed me some of my best matches...

...there are two Cataphracts that will allow you much the same success, the Ilya and the 4X. Even with Guass being 'fragile' I usually top the charts with those mechs.

With the new reward system, you're going to have to decide whether you're after XP or Cbills. Kills get you less money but more XP, same goes for capping. No money, but you get xp for capping.

That said, come up with a good build for a hero mech or founders mech, and you're good to go. For non founder mechs, the K2 (guass), the Cataphract 4X (dual Gauss), Raven 3L with ECM are fantastic mechs to grind xp/cbills.

Also, I've got some thoughts about grouping up and how to approach it. I was trying to put it off until phase 3 of the matchmaker came into play, but I'm honestly starting to think we'd be doing more good if we grouped up in rounded groups and politely informed the pugs on our side. No one else does it or rarely does.

If premades are going to continually be allowed to mix with pugs, then why wait? And lets set an example to be followed by helping the pugs on chat and not running any group cheese builds or using them as cannon fodder....

...in 8vs8 (if enough of us are online) anything goes.

Yea I kinda of avoided the Gauss, not that I don't like gauss - I do a lot, but that most people are considering the dual build cheesy and I wanted something a bit different. Actually I pull in good exp and cash on a decent match because the lasers strip mechs of components as well as kills. If you aren't in trouble, strip that mech before you kill it. I haven't bought a 'phract yet mainly because I seemed to have a lot of trouble with the trial mech and I don't want to waste money on Ilya and save it for a later hero. If it's a decent game I average 2-4kills and assists (450 to 650exp) - still haven't topped the 5/2 with Yen. :lol:

I have no problem with a premade 4man, the problem I have (which non of the forum posts actually point out) is all the synch dropping going on. Two 4mans or normally a 4man and a 2/3 man doing a synch drop like they used to in WoT. That's when you get a PUG stomp really bad.

I've been running a two man with my buddy when we can so I can teach him more about BT PC play and we usually worry about team support more than ourselves. Actually I do that solo most often which is why I'm low on the scale alot until I ran the K2. I wish the friend chat was smarter but grouping seems to work decent until the leader crashes then everyone has to relog.

I'm with you Free, I always try to communicate in chat whether to set up a defense or just situationaly awareness but sometimes you just get a team of morons - like the idiots that fire off lasers into the sky and warn the team which direction we are going, of course I'm begining to think 80% of that is on purpose to warn buddies in a synch drop. :roll:

Post Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:03 am 
Team Banzai

AWS-8Q

Slow as balls. Spits out 120 damage before you really have to worry about heat. The Lasers are there for Light mechs and anything else that gets within the 90m minimum range of the PPCs. Alternately, you could downgrade the Pulse Laser to a regular medium ( or remove the lasers altogether ) and up the engine.

FLAME
Pretty decent at picking off lights and eating rear armor. Could probably ditch the SRMs for a bigger engine.

RVN-3L

Obligatory Ecm mech. Shorter beam duration and slightly higher damage on the lasers usually results in other lights being eaten for breakfast. Has some heat issues, deal with it.

Quote:
I used to have a dual guass K2. Never had much success with it, though that was probably due to me using a standard engine and going slightly faster than an Atlas.

The dual Ac20 Cat however... :twisted: ....AND then you run outta ammo.

Probably my favourite K2 set up is 2 LL 2 ML and an AC20.

Quote:
I'm with you Free, I always try to communicate in chat whether to set up a defense or just situationaly awareness but sometimes you just get a team of morons

Frost covered City
" hey guys watch that tunnel exit they may try to flank us "
Team proceeds to the ridge.

" hey guys, 6 mechs just came outta the tunnel "
"Guys?"
"Guys seriously 6 mechs. Get over here now."
'Guts killed Player 8
Player3 killed 'Guts
Player6 killed Clueless
Player2 killed Derptastic
Player4 killed AlittleSlow
Player1 killed AREALBADASS
Pleyer1 killed ATRUEBADASS
Player 4 killed 2AWESOME4U
"Told you. Lol. "

and then your last teammate tries to Cap while bitching that no one was watching the tunnel exit...

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 am 
Team Banzai Admin/Chump

'Guts wrote:
Frost covered City
" hey guys watch that tunnel exit they may try to flank us "
Team proceeds to the ridge.

" hey guys, 6 mechs just came outta the tunnel "
"Guys?"
"Guys seriously 6 mechs. Get over here now."
'Guts killed Player 8
Player3 killed 'Guts
Player6 killed Clueless
Player2 killed Derptastic
Player4 killed AlittleSlow
Player1 killed AREALBADASS
Pleyer1 killed ATRUEBADASS
Player 4 killed 2AWESOME4U
"Told you. Lol. "

and then your last teammate tries to Cap while bitching that no one was watching the tunnel exit...

*facepalm*
*groans*

Yeah its a little too frequent.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:29 pm 
Team Banzai

If anyone appreciates support mechs, can you give this one a shot. It looks good on paper but not sure if the heat is worth it or not.
HBK-4SP

Here's another fun looking mech that can role as a brawler or med ranger.
HBK-4G

One more for good measure.. :D
HBK-4H

EDIT: Now I'm just making personal notes here for configs to try
CTF-3D
RVN-4X
AWS-8Q

Last edited by FireFox on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:56 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:15 pm 
Team Banzai

I haven't found ERLLs to be worth the heat yet, but that 4SP is a beast at range.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:18 pm 
Team Banzai

FLAME

I think I've tweaked it to it's maximum efficiency. Granted, firepower suffers a little, but I've found this Dragon to be extremely survivable even though it's in the middle of the fighting, provided you are constantly moving at full speed. The speed also allows you to get behind big mechs easily and start laying in point blank LBx fire. The constant pounding will kill any mech given time and lucky hits. I generally get top score with this mech.

I've toyed with the idea of putting in FF armor instead of standard, which would basically get 1 more double heat sink or a ton of lbx ammo, but I probably won't. Too much of a cheapskate.

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby