Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:15 am 
Team Banzai

Ammo explosions happen pretty rarely, I wouldn't really worry about them. Especially if the loss of the location with the ammo would kill you even without an ammo explosion (CT/Head, Side torsos when using XL).

FIREBRAND

It is ridiculous how many people can't hit a Jager when it goes over 90.

Heat is pretty managable even on Caustic.

I sometimes switch out the standard PPCs for dual Large pulses, or a quartet of medium lasers and extra heatsinks.

or remove the ERPPCs, downsize to a 320XL and shove an AC20 in there.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:58 pm 
Team Banzai

So I had a request to post the Cicada's I've been driving (which I love so far, and been kicking ass with).

CDA-3C Fast crit machine with ERPPC. Great for getting in some long range shots to open up those criticals, then run in and finish them off close range. Not wise to use this on fresh mechs, look for damaged or no/low armour on.

CDA-3M Dual PPC sniper with ECM. This is my best sniper mech yet, and although it's not a poptart like the blackjack or victor, it does massive damage. My best games have been well over 600 damage and 4kill/7assists. This is also a nice tool to distract with doing hit and runs to help your team.

X-5 3MedL 1LargeL fast and quick punch. Still a hit and run type of gameplay, this one is great for unsuspecting mechs to shoot them in the back with. It stays fairly cool with 1.4 efficiency even on warm maps, so watch it on the hot maps.

I love my medium mechs, but the Cicada really wraps the best of lights with speed and agility, and the firepower and armour of mediums into one mech. Good luck all!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:11 am 

I've enjoyed reading the posts so far, and I have gotten some good ideas for my own mechs and tactics!

My current favorite light mech is my Raven-5L (modules: adv uav, sensor range I, target info I). I know it's screams noob, but I am really getting in a lot of practice with that awesome combo of ECM stealth, TAG and NARC. Most PUG groups don't catch on, no matter how much or how fast I type in chat. Still, I'm plenty ready when called upon.

I also purchased the Jenner-D(S). I love the speed!!! I tried replacing one of the R arm Med Lasers with a TAG unit - instant forward spotter!

Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:44 pm 

The best I found so far was with my Cataphract 3D. I had swapped the ammo and UAC5 out for another LB10X. I used it with DHS and was ok. I am a horrible shot, but I doubled my damage on average with the loadout. And the JJs allowed me good manuevering. I am in an Awesome 8Q upgraded with a 280 XL engine, 2 x LLs and 3 x PPCs with DHS. I am ok, but I get a lot less damage and kills dealt per match than I did with the 'Phract. I think it is the lack of JJs and manueverability though that does me in.

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby