Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby

Post subject: Bought my first mech
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:04 pm 
Team Banzai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAtPk71a6ic

Yeah, so I got myself a Flame Dragon and have retooled it a bit. (Was thinking of the Muromets earlier, but the Flame won out in coolness if not firepower) Still need....several battles before I can consider it to be optimized.

So far running a LB10x 2ML 2SL build. We'll see how that goes. Also, amuses me greatly that it can carry an AC20 in the shoulder, eliminating one of the big vulnerabilities in most Dragons.

Gonna need at least an XL300 engine, but considering FF armor too. Don't think DHS will be strictly needed for me, probably won't have the room anyway.

Post subject: Re: Bought my first mech
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:56 pm 
Team Banzai

I bought one simply so I wouldn't have to deal with the convergence issues of arm mounted ballistics.
Been running a 4 ML AC20 build. Good Times.

Also, I'd suggest switching to double heatsinks over FF. The 11 engine mounted heatsinks (300 rated engine) is more than enough to cool nearly any build you would run.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:31 pm 
Team Banzai

Yeah, I took a look and I think the FF armor would save me a staggering 1 ton of weight. Woohoo.

Anyway, it's working rather well. Certainly racking up the kills, mostly other heavies and assaults who can't be bothered to look behind them. Gonna have to toss an srm6 into the mix when I can, maybe upgrade the lasers to pulses.

Still can't catch those damned jenners though. Might have bump the engine rating even higher.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:03 am 
Team Banzai

Ophidian wrote:
Yeah, I took a look and I think the FF armor would save me a staggering 1 ton of weight. Woohoo.

I think the general consensus is that FF is useless on everything that isn't a commando.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:51 pm 
Team Banzai

Bought a Cicada. Even painted it out in Banzai colors.

Refuse to use it though until I get an XL engine. Really? 3 lasers?

My Dragon's doing pretty well. Got 4 kills yesterday, but I was also insta-killed in another round, so there are ups and downs. Currently running LB10x, 4 medium pulse lasers, an SRM4, and AMS. Might swap the SRM for an SSRM and BAP.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:29 pm 
Team Banzai

I've seen Cicadas do ok especially those with ecm but really what a useless mech.
I've been grinding my centurion chassis to open the Elite for Yen - and with their low surviability rate and all the morons in PUG matches its been a horrible grind though I finished it lastnight.

I'm kinda stuck atm, I really need a good heavy or assault to pull in cash but I don't like Dragon's, most Cat setups are useless atm due to ECM spam, Awesomes are fun but kinda useless all around, an Atlas I just won't drive... guess I'll have to buy a 'phract. I wanted to wait for my Highlander but that will probably be March. Looks like Spiders will be in January. The lights work well but I just can't seem to make headway with them. Guess I need to finish building my AC20 Cat, wish the mechlab would get upgraded so it's more user friendly - kinda been waiting and hoping for that before I went in for any major changes.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:19 pm 
Team Banzai

Azrael wrote:
I'm kinda stuck atm, I really need a good heavy or assault to pull in cash but I don't like Dragon's, most Cat setups are useless atm due to ECM spam

Pretty much all Catapults have been reduced to being SRM boats due to ECM. My founders 'pult has 2 LRM 15 with Artemis 3 MPL and a Tag. The whole Tag countering ECM is all well in theory but in practice it don't work so well. I have all 4 Catapult variants mastered and by far the K2 was the least frustrating to grind since ECM was introduced.

Been taking advantage of all the Flame's energy hardpoints running a 320XL 2 mpl lpl ml and srm6 with 18 double heatsinks. Runs pretty cool on any map that isn't Caustic and the pinpoint damage is pretty swell.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:43 am 
Team Banzai

You know....I don't really want to own more than one of the same mech just to max pilot skills. >.>

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:13 am 
Team Banzai

Gotta encourage people to buy MC somehow...

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:49 pm 
Team Banzai

Well, apparently I can use Trial mechs to do it, but the thought of piloting a stock Dragon...ANY of the stock dragons....and I gag. Cicada too actually.

Also, has anyone made a program that can simulate the mechbay without actually being in the game and spending credits?

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby