Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:40 am 
Team Banzai Admin/Chump

Man it was pretty cool to see TB tags in a match today. Say hello. Then promptly kill him with way more satisfaction than I ought to feel...

...blowing up mechs is fun. But blowing up mechs with fellow TB members is just pure glee :twisted:
(um...hey!...where's the gwyd smiley?)

AZ, but you caught me in one of my hottest matches of the day. Wish I figured out how to capture screen shots before that match.

I finally figured out that you can launch the game by adding it to steam, then use F12 to capture screen shots. Works great!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:10 am 
Team Banzai

Freelancer wrote:
Man it was pretty cool to see TB tags in a match today. Say hello. Then promptly kill him with way more satisfaction than I ought to feel...

...blowing up mechs is fun. But blowing up mechs with fellow TB members is just pure glee :twisted:

AZ, but you caught me in one of my hottest matches of the day. Wish I figured out how to capture screen shots before that match.

I finally figured out that you can launch the game by adding it to steam, then use F12 to capture screen shots. Works great!

:P

You may want to change that title before the fuzz sees it. :lol:

Yeppers it was good to see a TB across the way. I had got my kill so no biggie there.
I am a bit peeved with the 'Phracts though they seem ridicuously over armored. I've been reading some forum posts where people (drivers) say they are easy to kill but everyone I've been in on has either just killed us or withstood a huge amount of punishment - otherwise you wouldn't see them everywhere.
Kinda torn on them because atm catapults are basically useless. Hope they really start dumping some mechs in soon because I'm not thrilled with most of the selection atm.

We will have to hook up for some group destruction.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:48 am 
Team Banzai

Freelancer wrote:

Hey, you can always just make use of this; I think I 'borrowed' most all the rarer smilieys from the ol' TB software...
Gwyd's is <FIREdevil.gif> and I labelled it "evil satisfaction" Image

Post Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:57 am 
Team Banzai

ok, just had best match yet. 5 kills and 2 assists, plus i one shot a Jenner - which made it all worthwhile. :)>:)

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:33 am 
Team Banzai Admin/Chump

Sometimes I think the servers get bogged down and need a reboot, because some matches all my shots seem to hit, and others the whole round it seems to take twice the effort to kill anything, sometimes rubber banding gets bad even with guys who have low pings.

Cataphracts, Awesomes and Catapults are easy to deal with most of the time depending on the variant and where I aim depends totally on what I'm shooting at. i.e. I see a hunchback laserboat, I go for the hunch and knock out 90% of his weapons. If I see an A1 cat, I'll aim for its ears since each one holds half its weapons. If its a light, I go for the legs.

Also, the catapults are still pretty good. I have been pretty successful with my founders cat that has 2ERPPC 2streaks and a large laser. The K2 is an absolute beast that can either be a gauss or laser boat...I much prefer gauss. EDIT: Also, the A1 as an SRM boat is still an extremely deadly mech. Two well place alphas will take down an atlas. I watched a guy who was an amazing pilot rip apart 2 heavies and two assaults in under 2 minutes...the first couple of pilots he was up against were taken by surprise, but to take out the biggest mechs in the match solo with the rest of us dead and watching was pretty impressive. I see an undamaged srm6 boat and I do my damned best to stay out of range or take it unaware, up close in the hands of a good pilot, it'll tear apart anything that can't move faster than a heavy.

Personally I think the K2 is the absolute best sniper mech because the pods help protect the sides, the gun mounts are high on the mech, and they've got much nicer movement on the torso. Even with the gauss nerf, I can often get 2 to 5 kills if I'm not running into organized teams rolling pugs.

The cataphract is a pretty damned good mech too. Lots of armor, decent speed and it can deliver a lot of hurt. Personally gauss and lasers are my favorite weapons, so that's what I use. I actually like all three variants I have, and that hero mech is really good...if outrageously expensive.

The Ilya Muromets is one solid mech, and I can think of 3 solid loadouts that would work well with it. Absolutely fantastic hard point placements. So far I think its my favorite mech in the game.

The biggest thing about getting your hits to register though, and you ought to know this, is that you've gotta calm down, take your time and make your shots count. I almost always try to shoot opponents that are moving too or away from me, I might fire my lasers to spook them, but I'll hold off a second on the big guns till I have a good shot lined up and I also try to hold off firing until both cross hairs are lined up. Back in MW4 making shots count was a little more natural, because recycle times were so long, missing a shot with an AC20 meant a long cooldown.

I'm getting pretty good with my long range aim and gauss now. I can often clip the pods of catapults at mid range, take the legs out from under a jenner, and core anything bigger than a heavy in two or 3 salvos...well except for an atlas....on them I try to shoot them in the back :)

One other thing, grinding out 3 mechs is absolutely essential if you want the most out of your mech. All those basic and elite perks really do add up, specially when the basic perks double. Personally I'll grind them all the way up to master before moving on. Also, the extra module slot will probably be something that becomes more and more important as they release modules that might be worth buying. With premium time, by the time I grind out 3 mechs, I usually have enough money to buy my next set or be well on my way.

....I did screw up once and buy a mech I already owned, tried a dragon and sold it, bought the wrong engine...ugh...

Post Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:47 am 
Team Banzai Admin/Chump

Azrael wrote:
ok, just had best match yet. 5 kills and 2 assists, plus i one shot a Jenner - which made it all worthwhile. :)>:)

Generally what I like to do with lights is hang back and hit them from 200 to 400 meters while they're circling someone else. The instant they're moving directly towards or away from me, I go for the legs.

I'm just itching for the day knock down comes back and LBX20 is available....

...I really wanna make a fly swatter.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:15 am 
Team Banzai

Yea I played quite a bit back in the summer during closed but the game performance was so horrible on a dual core that I never really did a whole lot. When GW2 came out I never played at all - meant to just never did. So now I'm rebuilding from the last set to zero, though they are really hampering the founders due to the lack of total mech bays and requiring the 3 chassis grind if you don't want to use GXP.

On the cats, I want to keep my Founders stock due to the classic loadout (a favorite) and that loadout and the streak loadouts are basically useless with the ECM spam atm. Wasn't really smart to make 4 mechs have ECM capabilities at this time. LRMs are almost completely useless. Streaks can still be used quickly if you catch them out of the bubble or under disruption. I have a K2, just haven't spent the time in the awful mechbay to do the loadout. Currently running a Cent-A with AC10, 2 Meds, 2 Streaks and an AMS.
I might be more forgiving on swapping out loadouts temporarily if the mech garage wasn't horrible and still not improved. I like the game but the crap mech garage and rotten contrast on the maps is bugging me. Past 500m stuff is just a blend of muted colors and even zoom doesn't help all that much. Though I am getting pretty good at lobbing AC20s across the map and suprising people with the bang, even if the damage is lowered. Edit: the new city map with the shuttle on it is actually much better than the originals on vision.

There is an fps bug where framerates drop to like 4 for someone. Myself, I'm pretty sure it's a memory leak. I can almost time when it's going to happen (4-5 drops in a row) and if I kill the game and restart before it happens I get another round of 4-5. Also lights running a ping of over 120 or so (to me) have a built in lag shield and they know it. WoT had this going on early on and managed to fix it, hopefully these guys will too. There is also a bug during overheat shutdown where the HUD doesn't comeback and the 'glass' stays fuzzed out. A 'P' shutdown and restart will fix it but it generally happens at really bad time.

My 5 kill match was running Yen (you caught me in the hunchie due to the crash at map launch bug). The Jenner was fun, he just stopped sideways to me and must have been waiting on a missile lock so I obliged and put a 20 through the side of his cockpit. I hate Jenners.... :)>:)

Last edited by Azrael on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:16 am 
Team Banzai

Freelancer wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Generally what I like to do with lights is hang back and hit them from 200 to 400 meters while they're circling someone else. The instant they're moving directly towards or away from me, I go for the legs.

I'm just itching for the day knock down comes back and LBX20 is available....

...I really wanna make a fly swatter.

Do what a guy I know did - take that K2 and put two 20s in it. It's still really nasty on bugs.

We will have to run a sniper team some or I can run guard dog to you.

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby