Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:38 pm 
Team Banzai Admin/Chump

You handed me my first Solaris title when you punched out in the division championship to let me fight the other guy alone because you were already qualified for the Grands. That was much appreciated.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:19 am 

Gwydion wrote:
... my remaining Sidewinder joystick only has 2 working weapon group buttons (if those still even work).

The choice of joistick is always a thing very particular but I have used Logitech joisticks for a long time and the experience has been really great although I am currently using the Thrutmaster and I am very satisfied with its performance.I think that the "controles" section can be useful as an orientation guide:

http://tridents.blogspot.com.es/p/controles.html

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:31 am 

I always do an test to the joystick before I buy it. I test it at a friend's house or do an test in the shop before spend my money.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:38 am 
Team Banzai Admin/Chump

I had a few Logitech sticks over the years. They were always great in the beginning and then they got super twitchy after a while, so I went back to Sidewinders. It's been years though, so I'm sure there is something out there that I would like.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:47 am 

I used for years the Logitech Freedom Cordless and has been the joistick to which more performance I have taken but Unfortunately is no longer manufactured.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:43 pm 

For the month of January the selection of maps is oriented mainly to environments originally of the MechWarrior 4 Vengeance.For February to MechWarrior 4 Mercenaries and for March to MechWarrior 4 Black Night Legion.

Happy 2017 !!! :)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:44 pm 

Gwydion wrote:
You handed me my first Solaris title when you punched out in the division championship to let me fight the other guy alone because you were already qualified for the Grands. That was much appreciated.

One of my fondest memories in years of playing MW. That, and dfa'ing the daishi at the beginning of the solaris free for all. 15 seconds in and I was all splashed up. Completely worth it!

Still lookin' in to this. Happy New Year!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:30 am 
Team Banzai Admin/Chump

Mau wrote:
Gwydion wrote:

One of my fondest memories in years of playing MW. That, and dfa'ing the daishi at the beginning of the solaris free for all. 15 seconds in and I was all splashed up. Completely worth it!

Still lookin' in to this. Happy New Year!

It is one of my fondest memories too. It was when I knew for sure that you were cool as hell, and one of the (many) examples of Timberliners being my favorite "caln" other than my own.

Your actions in that tourney indirectly led to all of my titles as early success was key to my continued involvement. Solaris was my favorite individual format, but my time in TB overall is what makes me miss Mechwarrior, and Timberliners were our best friends AFAIAC.

You should have my email address from my PM's and other comm's. If not, let me know. We need to get (a drink, coffee, or whatever is your deal) together. I still regret not making it to the Timbers' Atlantic City meeting years ago. I almost had 'Card and Wad' on board too, then it all fell apart. Give me a shout.

Gwyd

Post Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:59 pm 

Gwydion wrote:

I handed you nothing. I got things done with an lbx20 and medium laser (1shotkill) on that little bastard of a mech, that I can't remember the name of, against people who couldn't carry our luggage. I finished off a couple of wounded winners from the initial pair offs and then saw that you were engaged in a solid fight I was confident you'd win. It was then that I saw the opportunity to have a friendly face in the next round and checked out. You earned that. My work was happenstance.

ETA: I remember my tactic for that first match as being,"Run through the map and see what happens" . As a ctf runner this was obvious. Spent the first minute running around, creating colisions, looking in the rear-view woriking at making people shoot their friends. Relying on speed, so many people shot people who were not me? It was amazing, and perhaps not repeatable. <whatABadAssWeWerr-EyeRoll>

Gwydion wrote:
It is one of my fondest memories too. It was when I knew for sure that you were cool as hell, and one of the (many) examples of Timberliners being my favorite "caln" other than my own.
Ditto. I remember mentioning that "'F'ing Puck's never on comms," and you laughing hard at that. "Yup, I have an amigo here." That we and Puck pulled a double cougar DFA on that daishi/loudmouth at the beginning of the solaris free for all was borderline miraculous. He went, and I knew exactly what he was gonna do; a case of assholes recognizing one another. "THIS IS SO DUMB!" KER-SPLOOEY, assault favorite. I SO wish we had video of that round.

Gwydion wrote:
Your actions in that tourney indirectly led to all of my titles as early success was key to my continued involvement. Solaris was my favorite individual format, but my time in TB overall is what makes me miss Mechwarrior, and Timberliners were our best friends AFAIAC.

Super generous, and great to hear. And, ditto best friends and really missing it. Whiskey should have been shared among those groups.

Gwydion wrote:
You should have my email address from my PM's and other comm's. If not, let me know. We need to get (a drink, coffee, or whatever is your deal) together. I still regret not making it to the Timbers' Atlantic City meeting years ago. I almost had 'Card and Wad' on board too, then it all fell apart. Give me a shout.

Very-oddly, I got a text from Jimi last night... the first in over a decade, no, ever. I'm not sure how he got my number. But, he threw me a brotherly hasema. And, that was the night after I'd set up a new game-capable machine, something I haven't owned in a decade. Frickin' weird.

I loved solaris. A lot because of no one knew who we filthy ctf'ers were (the ones that were winning). I stalked non-ctf servers in my non-hasema hours and had a decent enough grasp of the game and the other players' games that I wasn't starting from scratch. B'Buck and Nightlife? They were just amazing, smart players who could outplay anyone at anything. Anyway, that I had, at the beginning of the assault match, 5 mechs shooting at me first, was awesome. I'd arrived, thanks to my friends. Beyond my first, "Who the F' is this guy?" season, I'd had fared more poorly.

I'll see if I can get Jimi on board. We grey beards should get a beer. My wife used to love listening to our comms (keeper) and I think she'd be on board as well.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:21 pm 

I also have very good memories of the past especially on the server of the 44th MAC.

In the months of april,may and june the scenarios cycle is dedicated especially to maps with a river,maps with large plains and maps with one or various bases respectively.

Best regard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby