Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby

Post subject: Failed Tactics
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:27 pm 
Team Banzai

I was playing MWO the other night and shot a teammate with 4 large lasers when he walked into the line of fire.

For some reason I wondered what it would be like if, on a large map, our team shoot each other's armor off, then head towards the opponents. I wonder if the other team would notice, or just think that we all just came from a huge furball.

Also, my CTF-1X is failing. It's the 3rd of the group that I want to level up to unlock master. Anyone here have had much luck with that variant? Care to share your loadout?

So far I've tried:

3x PPC
2x PPC, 2x ER large lasers
2x large lasers, 2x ER large lasers, AMS
1x AC10, 3x large lasers
1x AC5, 1x large laser, 2x ER large lasers, AMS
1x UAC5, 3x large laser, AMS
1x AC20, 2x ER large lasers

I rarely go above 200 damage with these builds. My 3x UAC5 Ilya regularly does 400-600 damage.

Post subject: Re: Failed Tactics
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:46 pm 
Team Banzai

You got the right idea with the Ac20 and Dual Lasers, just make them standard Large instead of Er. That should give you much more firing time instead of having to worry about shutting down. Here's the config I use for that: CTF-1X

It still has a lot of armour, even though the arms only serve as temporary shields. Protect your right torso and save those ac20 shots for when they count, otherwise keep firing those large lasers every chance you get and you should be doing better than 300dmg most games. :D

Post subject: Re: Failed Tactics
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:01 pm 
Team Banzai

The recent weapon changes axed most of my builds for the 1X (especially the ghost heat for LLs, which was pretty unnecessary). It used to be my best out of the 3 'Phracts I owned too.

Now I run it with 5 ML and an AC20, plus AMS. It still hits like a truck, but my sniping days are basically over. If you don't mind the increased heat and new Gauss mechanics, you can also use a GR/ 3 LL build that was basically one of my highest scoring mechs ever.

I end up using the 4X far more (with 2 UAC5, AC2, 2ML, and SSRM2).

Board index » Public Forums » The Lobby